By Samantha Khavin
Today, the New South Wales Government announced new restrictions throughout Greater Sydney, which will be in place from 4 pm on Wednesday 23 June 2021, until 11:59 pm on Wednesday 30 June 2021 due to the growing coronavirus outbreak, which has been described as a “real and present danger”.
Throughout Greater Sydney, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour, the following restrictions will apply:
- Visitors to households will be limited to five guests, including children;
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces and at organised outdoor events;
- Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs, however, dancing will be allowed at weddings for the bridal party only (no more than 20 people);
- Dance and gym classes will be limited to 20 per class and masks must be worn during the classes;
- The one person per four square metre rule will be reintroduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals;
- Outdoor seated events will be limited to 50 per cent seated capacity;
- Previous public transport capacity limits, represented by green dots, will be reintroduced;
- If you live or work in the City of Sydney, Waverly, Randwick, Canada Bay, Inner West, Bayside and Woollahra Local Government Areas, you cannot travel outside metropolitan Sydney for non-essential travel.
These restrictions have been designed to mitigate the risk of further community transmission and have been deemed a proportional public health response to the risk presented.
If you have any questions about these restrictions and how they may affect your workplace, feel free to contact the team at HR Assured.
For HR Assured clients, contact our 24/7 Telephone Advisory Service.
Not an HR Assured client and need some advice? The team at HR Assured can support your business on a range of workplace matters. Contact us today to arrange a confidential, no-obligation chat.