By Bethany Silverman
The New South Wales Government has tightened COVID-19 restrictions after a community transmission of coronavirus was discovered on 5 May 2021.
Effective from midday on 6 May 2021 (and enforced from 5:00pm), until 12:01am on Monday 10 May 2021, the following restrictions will be in place in Greater Sydney (including Wollongong, Central Coast and Blue Mountains):
- visitors to households will be limited to 20 guests – including children;
- masks will be compulsory on public transport and in all public indoor venues, such as retail, theatres, hospitals, aged care facilities and for front-of-house hospitality staff (except in a hospitality venue when eating or drinking);
- drinking while standing up at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs, however, dancing is allowed at weddings with a strong recommendation that no more than 20 people should be on the dancefloor at any one time; and
- visitors to aged care facilities will be limited to two people.
The restrictions are considered proportional to the risk, and to reduce the risk of a super spreading event. The public is also advised to maintain social distancing and avoid mingling in large groups throughout the restriction period, and until further advice is provided.
If you have any questions about how these restrictions may impact your workplace, please do not hesitate to contact the team at HR Assured.
For HR Assured clients, contact our 24/7 Telephone Advisory Service.
Not an HR Assured client and need some advice? The team at HR Assured can support your business on a range of workplace matters. Contact us today to arrange a confidential, no-obligation chat.
Bethany Silverman is a qualified Senior Workplace Relations Consultant at FCB Group and HR Assured. She regularly provides advice to a wide range of businesses in respect of compliance with workplace laws and managing complex matters including disciplinary and performance management processes and terminations.